FTP

Guest sirsinzalot

Guest sirsinzalot

okay, im tryin 2 setup a ftp server, but dang thing just aint working, i tryed fireftp, but i dont have a supported java virtual machine, and thats a huge mess when i tryed 2 fix that anyways, and then i tryed pure-ftpd which seemed to install fine, and from my end run fine, but when i goto ftp://localhost nothing is there, and noone else can axcess it, i dunno what my problem is but i feel dumb =-(

Ok there is one that is on the CD proftpd. Install that... Then go into the control panel under services and make sure it is running and then also check the firewall under security (if you are running shorwwall) to make sure the firewall is blocking.

Once that is running try one of the ftp clients and use your username and password.

Hope taht helps

Guest sirsinzalot

yes it works fine, but not so well... i can upload only files, no directories, i cant see anything from the ftp that i just uploaded even tho it uploaded to /var/ftp and i cant even begin to configure the permissions i want on my ftp server, i need to beable to have read only access to two important directores and allow anything and everything else to the rest of the directoris, along with a 90sec timout and a 5 user limit, im looking everywhere but the config files are useless on proftpd.org and im a newb so i think i need a gui, why no gui!!!!!!!!!