Please help with MD 9.1 and TV Out on EPIA

Guest tommer

Guest tommer

I'm a Mandrake (and Linux) newbie trying the get the TV out on my EPIA board to work, to be able to watch DVD's, using Xine.

I've tried to install the CL233 drivers (from Viaarena) but apparantly they are only working with 9.0, which again is supposed to be hard to be install to a EPIA system. :?

I'm stuck, and any help would really be appriciated. I really WANT this to work... :x

Thanks,

Tom

I have an EPIA M10000 and managed to get the TV out working once. But, not with their drivers (I didn't have them installed). I do know, however, that you have to change the setup in the BIOS to output to the TV out connector. You can choose both TV out and RGB. The next thing to do is remove any resolutions from your XF86Config-4 file that can't be displayed on the TV (eg. 1280x1024). Otherwise, you'll be stuck in console mode (even on the regular monitor). Start with something low (eg. 640x480) and work your way up from there, adding modes one at a time.

Good luck,

Glitz.

PS. Other than that, I didn't have to make any other changes to get it to work.