Everquest and WineX?

Guest Jw_Leonhart

Guest Jw_Leonhart

I am trying to running WineX here although I refure to pay the $5 fee, even though it is very small I know I still refuse to pay it when I can just go to windows and run it without any flaws. I am running Mandrake 9.2 and have downloaded WineX3.1... although I am unsure what to do after installing the rpm (I am very new to linux) and I cannot figure out even where the folder for WineX is. If anyone could provide help on this matter I would appreciate it.

I would really like to try and run Everquest on Linux, and also if anyone could explain how to install it?

I will try to help. First thing you should know is that there is a LOT of anti-WineX sentiment here, I don't agree with it, but i's here, so watch out.

Anyway, first things first, the winex folder is /home/[you]/Trans_Gaming-Drive or something along those lines. Just open up your home directory and look for a link that says transgaming drive. In there you will find a readme that will answer most of the rest of your questions. AFter you've done that, come on back if you need more help.

Jw_Leonhart

I have noticed that you have been asking questions and not really paying attention to the answer or trying the suggestions when they are handed to you in this board or on our IRC.

I'm just taking a guess here, but is English your native tongue? Are you having trouble understanding what we are telling you?

We love to help people here, that's why we do it for FREE, just like the Operating System that you are using cost. FREE. All that we ask is that you make an effort to apply yourself to what you are doing. Linux isn't harder than WIndows, it is just different. You have to somewhat untrain what garbage Micro$haft has shoved down your throat and learn a new concept, a free concept with all the help and applications you will ever need for FREE. There's that word again.

FREE OS

FREE Application

FREE Help (mandrakeusers.org)

There are some links below that I suggest you READ through to maybe understand a little more about linux and how you can benefit from it. Please do yourself a favor and read through them. Please read our FAQ section. It is quite possible most of your questions are covered in the FAQ or if you do a search here. If it is not, you're FREE to post a question and we are FREE to answer you. But please I only ask again that you apply and try to do a little more effort on your part.

Linux Glossary for Windows users:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linu...ibrary/l-gloss/

Start here to learn about Linux concepts:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/libr...ry/l-start.html

Mandrakeusers.com FAQ

http://mandrakeusers.org/faq.php

Thank you and we're glad you joined the board and our little clique! If you really have a problem with English, let us know.

8)

I am trying to running WineX here although I refure to pay the $5 fee, even though it is very small I know I still refuse to pay it when I can just go to windows and run it without any flaws.
If you'd rather keep paying for Windows upgrades instead of paying $5 a month ($15 minimum and you can quit paying after that) then be my guest.

But don't download WineX w/o paying the subscription. Don't be a freeloader. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you do like it, support the people who make it.

The thing is your question could have been much shorter and simpler than you made it if you would have left out the whining about paying $5. Ask the question you came to ask, don't prance around other issues that need not be discussed in a help forum (versus off-topic or everything linux).

Due to the fact that you refuse to pay the $5 to obtain a legal copy of WineX, I refuse to give you the answer to your question (which sucks for you since I know how to do it, and have done it quite a few times). Someone else may help you, but I've made the choice not to.

Thank you :)

p.s.-this is not intended to start a flamewar, i am not attacking anyone, i'm simply saying my peice and making a decision not to help someone due to a choice they've made not to support someone else.