OpenOffice 1.1RC5 and GNOME

Guest jwl

I just installed the OpenOffice 1.1RC5 from OpenOffice.org. I had been using KDE, and it worked great. But when I opened it from GNOME, all the icons in the OOo toolbars are HUUUUUGE, much bigger than in KDE.

Why is this? Anyone know how to fix that? I have my toolbars in OOo customized with lots of icons, and now I have to scroll back and forth to get to them, which is a pain in the a$$.

Help?

i'm not sure why this would change for Gnome & not KDE, but try going to OOo->Tools->Options & look in the left column. click on the plus sign (+) in the OpenOffice.Org box & click on the word "view" in the tree that opens up. look to the right where it says "display" then below that "icon size". you should have 3 different settings there. "automatic", "small", & "large". if it's not set there already, try changing the setting to "small" & click "ok". if that doesn't work, try the "automatic" setting. just a guess............

Chris

Thanks. That was it. It was set to "automatic", so I assume that somehow GNOME told it to use large icons, while KDE told it to use small ones.

Also, OOo 1.1RC5 seems to be more tightly integrated into GNOME.

I am having some minor pdf glitches, though. Occasionally after an apostrophe or a dash, the following character is offset in a strange way in the pdf. This is not the case in the sxw file or anywhere else that I can see. Perhaps it's a postscript problem? Who knows...