LVM & Slackware

jlc

Has anyone got any idea's on how I can get LVM on Slackware from the initial install? Google isn't given me much to work with, slack forums are ignoring the question like they don't have a clue how to do it. Do I need to e-mail Patrick?

No, but thx.

I've read through that and all they have is init scripts. Unless I missed it somewhere. I know how to use LVM I can create and mount, I've done it in Gentoo which was much harder than RH/SuSE/MDK, but in Slack there doesn't seem to be a way to do it from the initial install.

• 4 weeks later...

**BUMP**

Anyone? Ok, I have my slack on a 40GB drive, I could always create LVM on my 80GB move /usr /var /tmp /home /opt under LVM, reduce the 40 to just my /boot / & swap and then extend the rest of the 40 under the 80. Got it, good.

Ok last question. What is the best way to move /usr /var /opt /tmp & /home to a new slice?? Is there any(much) risk, with symlinks or hardlinks that might get hosed up during the transfer?

Anything, shot in the dark, kick him while he's down, say something, anything. :lol: