MEPIS Linux

Guest Tux234

Have ya'll heard of MEPIS Linux. The thing looks awesome. It's Debian based and it comes with the famous apt program its geared toward power users and noobie's (like me :D ) and on top of that it comes with almost any program you can think of including PINGUS :mystismiles: :mystismiles: (I'm obsessed with that game :cheeky: ) it can either run from the cd or install to HD ( like Knoppix or Morphix)

I finished the download last night and installed it. It was fast and stable although I had some trouble with my screen resolution, but I easilly fixed it. It really does come with every package you think of. It runs pretty fast on the cd and the installer was easy. It also a very nice partitioner called QTParted which was also a breaze. it had a good forum on its web page and it seemed they had a good reply time for support.Although the Kmenu is pretty messy, I highly reccomend it.You don't have to install it, just run it from the cd. :mystismiles:

THIS THING IS FAAASST. I got my nvidia drivers working and just talk about the speed baby yeah :twisted: I really suggest trying this Ditro out. My speed results were as fast if not faster than Windows (Yaaahoooo :cheeky: )