Anyone with Jedi Academy running in Wine/WineX???

Guest JaseP

There's nothing on it currently in the Transgaming forums. Apparently, it's too new. Funny, since there is a listing for Knights of the Old Republic which hasn't been released on PC yet, and Jedi Academy is based on a re-worked Jedi Outcast engine (which is turn a re-worked Quake 3 Arena engine).

There is a tutorial on how to get it running here: http://www.transgaming.com/showthread.php?...=6&thread=31761

Basically, you have to copy both disks to your hard drive before installation and install it from there, then you have to start the actual sp and/or mp .exe files instead of the generic loader. I haven't tried this yet, but I love the way the game looks. If it works for you, let me know.

• 3 months later...

I just want to revive this thread to see if anyone has actually tried and successfully gotten this game to install. I have tried, but I keep getting unhandled exception errors with WineX. I have read that people have gotten it working with the 2.4 series kernels, but nothing about the 2.6 series.

And on another note, Jedi Outcast (Jedi Knight 2) is having major problems running on my system. I'm going to try running it with KDE and see if it's an arts thing or not. But that has to wait till I get home.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to know if anyone has gotten the new Jedi Academy running in Linux through Wine or WineX. I'm seriously thinking of getting it and want to know.

Here is an installer created by Kratz00, he has 2 installers for both the Lucas Arts Games, and a few others. I have tested a few of them out and they work like a charm, almost looks and feels like the games are running natively vice through emulation.

http://www.kratz00.org/linux/installer.php

Edited by Relic2K