Windowmaker: "Starting" Documents; Docking Problem

PeterPanic

Hi!

I hope someone can help me (again... :) )

1) How can I "start" a document in Windowmaker? I'd like to have a docked Appicon that starts e.g. the HOWTOs-index.htm using Mozilla. I already have docked Mozilla without a file to open, so now I can't drag'n'drop Mozilla a second time to edit it and insert the index.htm... How do I manage this?

2) Is there a config file in WindowMaker that stores which Icons stick to which Desktop on the clip and which ones are on the dock? I didn't find anything (I really searched). If I knew the file, I could edit it to get rid of problem (1)...

Thanks,

PeterPanic

I don't know how to do that with Mozilla, but with Konqueror, it's pretty easy.

Open up Konqueror, and move the icon that appears on your Windowmaker desktop over to the Doc. This will anchor another clickable icon for Konqueror on your 'clip.'

Now, edit the command line for that doc'ed app by right-mouse clicking on it and select 'Settings...' from the drop-down menu.

In the 'Application path and arguments' command line, add to the line: 'HOWTOs-index.htm' (The result would be: konqueror HOWTOs-index.htm). Make sure you include any directory paths to the location of the .htm file.

Now, click on OK and your doc'ed icon should now open up Konqueror and bring up the specified .html file right away.

:roll: Oh, yes, now I see... Konqueror does it, in fact. Mozilla only starts one instance. When I right-click my Mozilla icon and use "Launch..." I force it to start again, but it will only start if I choose a different user profile.

So my question is answered in general, but especially for Mozilla:

How do I start a new Mozilla Window (Like Ctrl+N) or Tab (Ctrl+T) with my URL in it by pressing a docked icon?

And: Is there a config file with the docked / clipped icons in it? :-)

[Added:]

OK, still doing my experiments... When I have my 3 Konqueror Dockapps docked to my clip, one without arguments, one with the HOWTOS and one with my Documents directory, I'd like to change the Icons to be able to distinguish them optically. A similar problem are the rxvt-terminals. I'd like to have different icons for font sizes and also start rxvt with commands (for example to show my tail -f /var/logs/syslog)...

But when I change the Icon of one Konqueror, the icons of all Konquerors change... How do I do that correctly?

Cya.

PeterPanic