ACRONIS - partition/drive software - Request for INFO

Guest GorGor

I obtained acronis true image deluxe for free off pcanswers AUGUST magazine for free, yippee.

I had to load it onto windoze, which should have alerted me to my present problem but I am a dinosaur, heh heh.

I then got the 3 floppy system to half work. The program loads and sees my reiserfs partitions and my tiny fat32. When I tried to save the reiserfs partition the BLINKING thing never gave me an option to save to my freespace on another reiserfs partition, which is huge. It only gave me options to save to floppy or my fat32s.

I still don't have a cd burner, and me thinks that cyclops who has posted on Acronis may be using this system.

Anyhow, anyone who has success with imaging with this who does not have a burner, feel free to post and tell me where I am going wrong please.

In the meantime I will stay with my 2 floppy partimage floppies.

IIRC Acronis will only write to FAT32 and removable media. Partimage can write to anything except NTFS if you want to give it a try. I believe they have a version that can run off floppies but if you can get someone to burn you the partimage iso version it will speed things up as far as loading the program. Partimage won't backup a mounted partition so installing it on the linux distro you want to back up won't work, thus the need to load the program from some bootable media. Check out this link if your interested:

http://www.desktop-linux.net/backups.htm

Also, search this board; there's some good tutorials on using partimage and it's free.