KDE 3.0.3 Frozen Windows & Scrollbars

Guest jacobsjo

Guest jacobsjo

Hello all,

:!:

I recently upgraded to Mandrake 9.0 from 8.2 and also upgraded my window manager to KDE 3.0.3. I love it. It's great! After doing the appropriate package updates, it's even better.

Here's my problem though:

I no longer have the ability to resize windows, move windows, drag 'n drop icons, slide scroll bars, or "sub" menus. It's REALLY frustrating. The only way for me to do it is by "right clicking" on the title bar and choosing "MOVE". Before (with KDE 2.x) I was able to simple grab the window title bar and drag to my hearts content. Scroll bars move only by click-click-clicking... no more sliding. Errr! :evil:

Well, this is my first post to this board, but I didn't know where else to post to. Hope I get some help/replies...

Anyone else expereienced this?!?

Guest jacobsjo

No... 3.0.4 is still cooker I believe, and since my Mandrake box is also my production server... I am very cautious about using cooker packages. I did a "urpmi kde" just to be safe and everything is current.

Guest jacobsjo

Great. I'll check it out. Do you happen to know of anywhere else I could look [e.g. other boards] for info on this problem?

In the meantime, I've switched to IceWM until I can figure out the problem. I still use all the KDE apps [Konq., kate, etc.] and everything seem to work fine.

Guest jacobsjo

IT"S FIXED!!!1 :D :D :D :D

I don't know how, or why, but after using IceWM for a session or two, I fired up KDE and all the window problem are gone. Everything is back to normal.