1280x1024 res. doesn't work, 1024x768 does

Guest in08

Hi.

I've installed 2009 One and was able to configure it to run at 1024x768 resolution. When I try to switch to 1280x1024 using the Control Center, however, a thin colorful line appears at the top of the screen when testing. This seems to be the regular test pattern squashed.

Additional Info: Nvidia 6100, system is updated, the 3d cube works too,

if that's helpful somehow.

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 6100/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 177.70

Very new to this,

Thanks.

P.S. I've also opened a request on expert.mandriva.com. I'm not sure what is the best place to get help and would appreciate someone writing a sentence about that as well.

I have similar problems with the resolution, but with a ATI card( another thread )

and a x86_64 2009.0.

I can get a 1280x1024 for a session, with the KDE4 menu( System Tools -> Configure your desktop -> Display )

KRandRRTray from the menu, never starts.for me, it tries for a while then dies.

Have tried to become a member of mandriva.com 2 times

with 2 different mailadresses, can still not log on to their site.

But I do get their different mandriva announcements from time to time to those adresses.

Have tried to contact them through their official contact, but to no avail.

//

The best places to get help are here and the official Mandriva forum (http://forum.mandrivaclub.com/index.php?op=En)

OK, forums seem to be best for this anyway.

Have you tried running KRandRTray to set your resolution? (under System Tools in the older Mandriva I am running)

You do have the NVidia driver installed correct?

KRandTray does not display 1280 at all and only goes up to the 1024 which is what I have now anyway.

I'm not entirely sure if you meant by the second question that it is the Nvidia drivers that I have (I do - I think :unsure: ) or whether they're installed without errors (which I have no idea how to verify, but everything seems to work. OK, everything ELSE)

I have similar problems with the resolution, but with a ATI card( another thread )

and a x86_64 2009.0.

I can get a 1280x1024 for a session, with the KDE4 menu( System Tools -> Configure your desktop -> Display )

KRandRRTray from the menu, never starts.for me, it tries for a while then dies.

Have tried to become a member of mandriva.com 2 times

with 2 different mailadresses, can still not log on to their site.

But I do get their different mandriva announcements from time to time to those adresses.

Have tried to contact them through their official contact, but to no avail.

//

Well the Display option seems to be the same KrandRTray if you click configure in it.

It's strange that you were not able to register. I was able to with no problem and the confirmation email arrived immediately.

Thanks for the responses. Any other ideas?

P.S. As I was writing this, the update notification came up - KDE 4.1.3 is out. I'm downloading the 200ish MB update, maybe it helps with this issue as well. I'll let you know.

Update complete and it didn't help. Oh well.

Edited by in08