Renaming desktop icons?

growler

Background... Finallt leapt from 9.0 to .1.. most things work , Nvidia4496 installed, internet OK etc... but!

On the default KDE/Keramic desktop the removable drives are labled as.....CD ROM mounted at /mnt/CDROM..... Floppy mounted at.....etc.

So how do I rename these to useful names like... DVD... Burner etc? I cant find the usual R click.. Rename menu in KDE ?

I think you can change this in the Mnadrake Control Center under 'Mount Points'. Be carefull though. You have to be in root to do this. Click on what you want to change and there should be a place in there to change the label.

Good Luck. I just foud this board. Hope to be helpful. Been using Mandrake for about a year.

:D :D :D :D

The icons you see there are actually from Supermount. If you right click on the desktop and go to Configure Desktop and click on the Behavior tab you will see a checkbox at the bottom that says "Display devices on desktop". Uncheck the box, click apply and Ok, then right click on the desktop and go to Create New -> CD/DVD ROM Device. From there you can set up your CD drive, DVD, CD-RW or whatever, using the icon for each (make sure you select the correct mounted and unmounted icon if you want them to change with a new icon theme). You can name them whatever you want to, just make sure you have the right mount points for each (/mnt/cdrom and /mnt/cdrom2 on my system for dvd and burner respectively)

After that you should be all set.