Can someone explain this error message to me?

Guest BooYah

GhostView / KGhostview won't display many pdfs of mine correctly. I get this message, but don't understand it. Could someone explain it to me breifly, so I can try and fix it. Can it not find something called the ESP font?

Error: /invalidfontESP Ghostscript 7.05.5: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

in /F2

Operand stack:

--dict:8/8(L)-- F2 1

Execution stack:

%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %array_continue --nostringval--

Thanks for your help!

Acrobat and Xpdf can both read them. I take it Xpdf and GhostView don't share the same fonts? That seems a little strange to me, because I thought they'd both just use the ones installed

in /usr/share/fonts/. So if Xpdf can display a pdf, then Ghostview should too, right?

When I have time, I've been trying to read up on fonts, but I'm still confused by them. Menaing: which ones do I need; what is ESP; what exactly is post script; what's so special about True Type Fonts; etc? Open Office and the Gnome GUI don't look so sharp because of lame fonts too.

I'm enjoying the Mandrake/Linus learning expereience, just wish I had more time to dedicate ironing out the wrinkles.