fluxbox

kilimanjaro

You can always access your CD with a regular file manager such as konqueror, nautilus and many others. Probably its located under /mnt/ as "cdrom" or "cdrom1". Also you can open a shell and: $cd /mnt/cdrom.

Hope this was what you meant.

Dont remember the logout command as i have put it in the menu under "exit" a long time ago and im at the work computer at the moment, one of the bad things about GUI... :?

Also go to the documentation section at www.fluxbox.org - they have great documentation.

The coolest way to access your cd-rom and floppy (besides for using the terminal, like a proper geek) is to run idesk over Fluxbox (so you can have icons) and then make icons for your cd-rom and floppy drive opening in Nautilus, or whatever. That should make you feel more at home.

You could also make an icon to log you off on your desktop, or, if you don't like the idesk idea, you can edit your .fluxbox/menu file and add menu entried to the fluxbox menu :wink:

You would be best installing fluxconf if you are new to fluxbox. Make things a bit easier. If you have urpmi set up you can 'urpmi fluxconf' as root at a command line. Fluxconf includes a fluxbox setup utility 'fluxconf' keyboard shortcuts 'fluxkeys' and a menu editor 'fluxmenu'

You can use nautilus to view cd or floppy, the command you'd need to use is:

cd:

nautilus /mnt/cdrom/ --no-desktop

floppy:

nautilus /mnt/floppy/ --no-desktop

As for logging out: use the right click menu > fluxbox > Exit

Let me know if you have any problems with fluxbox. It's debateably the best WM out there (in my view of course)

James