Still trying to get rid of kde4

RVDowning

I installed task-kde3, and selected KDE when logging in. I deleted /home/rvd/.kde4. However, when I log in (using KDE) it is created again.

I also renamed /usr/bin/konqueror and copied /opt/kde3/bin/konqueror into /usr/bin, but when I execute konqueror, I still get the renamed one.

Is there any way to get the kde4 crap totally off the system and still have a functioning system?

I started to go back to 2008.1, but I had already removed my sound card and given it away, so I now need to use the on board sound. Does any other distribution use a similar kernel so that I would be able to use onboard sound if I switched distributions?

Been at it two weeks, and I still can't get the 2008.1 -> 2009.0 downgrade working right.

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

Thanks for the response, but I'll hold off until I can create a backup that I can boot from. If I get my system wiped out, I want to be sure that I can restore back to bare metal. For some reason, since the move from 2008.1 to 2009.0, I can no longer boot from the backups made by the mondo/mindi suite.