alternative clipboards?

kmack

Is there any way to increase capacity of the xclipboard or does an alternative clipboard exist? EDIT: Or qclipboard ?

Sometimes I copy text of articles rather than saving an html file and the clipboard capacity is small and thus requires copying longer files in batches. It would be nicer to be able to copy a small article at once rather than in sections. Thanks for any input on this.

Sometimes I just use ctrl-c and ctrl-v which works better than left mouse button select, middle mouse button paste.

Also, I found that with formatted text where I just want the characters, not the font and stuff, it helps to paste into an xterm (first do a cat >> /dev/null so you can paste anything into it), then copying from there...

BTW you know that klipper can be set to 'remember' quite a few selections? You can easily do a couple of pages in several parts, and then paste them.

Thanks aRTee! I was hoping to hear from you and aru on this! You gave me some good ideas that I can check out.

I figured out klipper a bit, and actually from konsole xclipboard can save in multiple buffers but it still takes some time to do it.

What is odd, is that sometimes I can copy more than others. I just experimented with various methods and sometimes it just worked perfectly and copied everything in one batch. Other times, it only copies part of what I have selected. That means I always have to check it and then locate the point where it stopped copying. (sometimes right in the middle of a word!)

So I am thinking maybe the buffer is full and if I clear it before a major copy session, it might help. Still scratching my head a bit on this one. :screwy: