Strange Flash/embedded video behavior x86-64

tsw

Hi All,

I am having a strange problem with Flash player and embedded video in Mandriva 2008.1 x86-64. I cannot get this to work as the primary user. Things such as U-tube or really any other video will not play. This all works fine under root, also, I have set up a few other users and there is no problem there either. So it is just me, the primary user, having this problem.

I have even moved the primary user's profile of Firefox from user to user to see if maybe there was a problem with the config files or something. However, this is not the problem as Flash player and embedded vids work for all users except the primary user.

I really have no idea even where to start looking for an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas

I have tried that. I have even tried deleting my .mozilla/firefox and generating a new profile...still same problem. I have now created 5 new users, Flash and embedded video works without problems for them, but for my primary user still not working.

Here is a question: When opening a Flash or embedded video what files do these programs use? I mean there must be a config file somewhere that is read by these programs which is causing this problem. I should also add that I have used this /home partition over a few installations. That is to say I have not formatted this partition. I have tried however to get rid of any old config files but, still this problem remains for the primary user. What the heck is going on?

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by tsw