Evolution toolbars font

Guest oberon

Guest oberon

Hello everyone!

Sorry for such a basic question but I searched through Evolution FAQ as also this forum and didn't find an answer: how to change the font which is used in the Evolution's toolbars. All the other fonts can be easily changed, of course, but exactly the font used on the toolbars and menus is so narrow and small on my system that it is hardly readable. And this is only in Evolution. All the other applications which I tried until now look fine.

The new 1.4 evo (use red carpet @ http://www.ximian.com to install it) uses gtk2/gnome2 font settings, if I remember correctly for the week I used it :P . Other than that, I don't think there's much you can do. If it uses gtk1.2 settings that'll be set in the gtk1.2 theme that's is being used in the /usr/share/themes/theme_name/gtkrc file or ~/.themes/theme_name/gtkrc file.

Guest oberon

Well, in 1.4 I didn't find any way to change fonts at all... But I am satisfied with what is given by default. In 1.2 as far as I remember you could choose the size of fonts used in the program but not the kind of fonts used.

Well, in 1.4 I didn't find any way to change fonts at all... But I am satisfied with what is given by default. In 1.2 as far as I remember you could choose the size of fonts used in the program but not the kind of fonts used.

I see... I was under impression that in 1.4 you can use any fonts you like, not only fixed width ones. If that's not the case then... Did they add anything that made 1.4 worth upgrading to?

Guest oberon

Right now, it looks the same (but I am just starting to discover Linux and its applications for myself). The only difference is that 1.2 had those completely unreadable (on my screen) toolbars fonts.