External Monitor Resets Clock

Guest llorgge

Guest llorgge

So shortly after installing linux I noticed that my clock would habitually reset itself four hours earlier. Nothing seemed to work and I eventually gave up for the time being. I also had external monitor problems (whenever I rebooted or logged out, the external monitor would blank and the display would come back to the laptop screen). Eventually I unplugged my external monitor and just went with the laptop screen... at that point I also noticed the clock stopped reseting itself.

I told you all that to tell you that I just plugged my external back in and whenever I switch the display from the laptop to only the external monitor, it also sets the clock back four hours earlier.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
Guest gigahorsepower

Bismillaah. Peace; I had a similar problem with my laptop,but not with an external monitor. I had dl a bios upgrade, but that seemed a little extreme after I gave it some thought. The clock is in sync with the atomic clock. I had two choices. I chose the 'gov't' internet time, first. My clock would then loose three hours at a time, in one day. I Thereafter, switched to the other choice which I think, is connected to MS. So far the clock is running ok without lost in time. If your clock is on the atomic clock, right click it and adjust for internet time. I hope this helps.