video not running

Guest akuduwi

Guest akuduwi

I have install mandriva 2008.1 on may desktop. I noticed that it failed to open all video file ( mpeg, avi, dat, etc. )

Recently I installed kaffeine and mplayer and win32codecs to play a wide variety of audio/video format.

Now, the problem is --- I am able to play video file ( mpeg, avi, dat, etc. ), audio is running normally, but the video / picture is not coming.

can anybody help me please ?

Welcome aboard. :)

Have you installed the codecs from the PLF-repositories? (check the "easyurpmi" link at the top right side of this site. you can add those using easyurpmi). Can you see the videos in another player, like e.g. xine? (For whatever reason, some videos refuse to run properly with some video-players ... my very own experience). Also: Which video file-format is the film you are having trouble with? avi? wmv? ...

I don't know much about it, but in Windows there is an Overlay mode (with ATI cards - not sure about others) that if not enabled will not let you see video content. Searching briefly it appears that some of the latest ATI drivers may support this. There is also something else called Framebuffer. I have seen this problem in Windows with my ATI card, and it had me stumped for a bit. I am clueless about using this feature in Linux though.

See the following for a little about this: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_TV-Out

I don't know if this is the OP's problem, but it could be related.

Guest akuduwi

I have add PLF repositories and I have install codecs paket

But it’s not solved myproblem,

now .avi can run in mplayer but not for others format