MDK 9.1 GTK Pointer

Guest Swampster

Guest Swampster

Quick question from a novice.

In Mandrake when I run, say Mozilla, Evolution or any GTK app like Nautilus, when I move the mouse over a hyperlink I get a fiddly little hand with a sleeve pointing left to click over.

Just personal preference but I don't like it. Is there any way I can turn that fiddly little hand into something more like the Konqueror hand? Is it stored in a folder somewhere that I can add a different icon into?

If I bought the Powerpack edition of Mandrake 9.1 that I have my eye on, would that have the same pointer in it?

My understanding is that X-Windows defines the mouse pointers. It's not a GTK/QT thing. Individual applications, like GIMP, can override the X-Windows mouse pointer, and if the app is going to do that, there's not much you can do about it. I'm currently using the jaguarx mouse pointer set from kdelook.org, and my mouse pointer is consistent across GTK/QT apps, with the exception of special apps like GIMP.

Guest Swampster

Right. At least I know I can muck about with the mouse pointer for most applications and the location of some instructions. Thanks for the advice.