PLF Install Disk

I used the PLF install disk with MDK 9.0 and was very impressed. You boot with the plf disk and the install starts very similar to the mandrake install. You can select all the goodies you usually grab post-install. When the plf disk finishes it prompts you for the Mandrake install disk. Pretty straight forward.

I'm sure the PLF 9.1 disk is just as good, if not better.

/germ

Thanks Alot. :D I plan on Reinstalling MDK9.1 in the next day or two. I will also post what I thought of it.

For the record: nothing is wrong with my MDK9.1 I just installing darn near everything the last install with updates and my system is very bloated. I plan on doing a minimal install then doing the easy URPMI install and installing my favorite packages. (Also redoing some partition work)

OK did a complete repartion/format/install with the PLF disk. 8)

Inserted the PLF disk first and the install went OK until the last step of updateing. The install locked up on me. After a shutdown & reboot it started OK with some wierd errors like "line 1 in ***.conf error eE@!@#$%. My network/internet would not load and had alot of stability problems. Then I realized I did not check the MD5Sum. - It was a messed disk, Redownloaded & Installed with the PLF disk. My suggestion to all is to always do a individual package listing / install. The PLF disk has alot to look at.

By reading this forum I learned to do a "update" during the install. Stability increased...

Used a XFS file system. Nice and fast so far..no problems yet.

Of course did the "easy urpmi". then typed " urpmi kdebase " and updated to KDE 3.2.1. Works great so far.

So far my use of the PLF disk has had no ill effects and produced a better more robust MDK9.1 - I suggest using it.

:lol: