ianw1974

Is my website too dark?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is my website too dark?

• Yes, too dark
    • Dark, but readable
    • Perfectly fine
    • Could be better if lighter

it may also just be a problem with their monitor. the blue may appear darker on their screen than you would expect.
Except for the fact that:
OK, now it's back on the previous template - so readable again!
Now everyone will vote 'Perfectly fine', and screw up the poll. :P
tyme, Ian switched templates after he started the poll! :D

I rigged the poll so that it would work in my favour :)

No seriously though, if you want to see how it was, I put the template chooser module on the website, so you can now check how the dark themes looked before.

well, when i looked it was using siteground32, which I remembered from sometime when he posted his site before, so I assumed that was the theme being discussed.

btw, ian, in siteground32, you can't read the text in drop down boxes because it's white (and by default, the background of the drop down box is also white). you'll probably have to add a CSS class for drop downs so the text is black instead.

Hi tyme,

Yeah I did notice this, but left it for the time being. Chances are the CSS is already there but set to white. I'll have a quick nosey now see if I can tidy it up.

The other two black themes were siteground 58 and 60 if I remember correct.

EDIT: Found a few white items, but sadly they don't seem to be what I need to change from what I can make out.

yeah i looked at them. i can see how they may seem "dark", but given the right text color it should be readable anyways. sites only become really unreadable when the text color is too close to the bg color, or the bg is too complex of an image.

I just went with the templates colour defaults but I suppose does mean you have to look hard on them.

As per the edit, didn't find what I needed to change that menu colour in the CSS.

I just went with the templates colour defaults but I suppose does mean you have to look hard on them.
Yeah, not really your fault, theme creators fault.

As per the edit, didn't find what I needed to change that menu colour in the CSS.
Yeah...I've never had to change the color of a drop down box via CSS before...you might have to put it inside a span with an id and then add the css, etc. dunno if that makes sense...i'll toss an example together if you need it.

I'm totally unsure of how to do that, but I can send you the css from the template in case you see anything in there that might be obvious or where you can add it which might sort it out.