AOL Not a reg protocol

Guest anon

I got an e-mail with a link i can't get to / open. error is "aol is not a registered protocol"

Tried in Mozilla, Konq, Galeon. Sure i can put it in windoze and view it, but what Linux browser can view AOL stuff??

Thanks for the link.

I never understand why AOL is so big, their nothing but a pain in the ass.

I once tried to send my sister a 8MB file, her AOL account refused to accept it, had to send it in small chunks.

One more reason not to use AOL! :roll:

One more, to add to the 50,000,000 :lol:

Although I have lived and worked in SE Asia for past 10 yrs, I am originally from the US. AOL mass markets to the n'th degree there. Everybody gets AOL CD's from a million sources with FREE subscriptions that hook people up. Even have racks of the FREE CD's in stores and hotels! :roll:

Most new computers sold have AOL signup software on the harddrive with tempting offers. Once people that do not understand computers hook up, they tend to stay there and think... "This is the internet!" Amazing!

Like you, I cannot understand that mentality, but it exists and is a very large group of users held captive to a system. Sad. eh? :cry: