hibernation and windows partitions

When I hibernate (suspend to disk) WinXP and then restart my laptop (toshiba satelite 1805). i get lilo's menu and when I choose windows, windows resumes. I can also choose to boot linux. So far so good.

But there is a problem. I have two FAT32 partitions shared between linux and windows. When I hibernate windows and then start linux, create a new folder/file in a FAT32 partition, and then shutdown and resume windows, the new folder/file in the FAT32 partition is not recognized. It seems to get lost. It doesn't happen when I shutdown windows and then write to the FAT32 partitions under Linux.

I guess it's some windows equivalent of mount/;unmount that's causing the problem. Does anyone know if there's a way around it? The hibernate windows option is very attractive cos I hardly ever use windows and when I do I want a quick access.

cheers

ok , figured it out myself. In windows XP, context menu of My Computer -> manage -> storage -> disc management. There drives/partitions can be 'mounted' or 'unmounted' under 'change drive letter and paths'. So long as the 'remount' is done before any write activities by XP to FAT32 partitions, the changes made by linux are preserved (otherwise, they are lost). Don't know if it can be done via the command prompt. my fat32 partitions are inaccessible from the command prompt. what's up with that?

sorry, this turned out to be mostly about winXP. But if you can hibernate (suspend to disk) windows, you might try see if that''s useful. I can now 'startup' win in mere seconds. The only thing i need to figure out is how to suspend mdk to disk.

:D