memory-stick

Michel

A question..I just have memory-stick. I put info on it using Mandrake. At school we have Redhat and windows. Redhat hasn't supermount, so I tried windows, but windows said there was nothing on it....

I checked again at home and the info is definitley on the memory-stick!.

Ok, you wan manually mount in Redhat on sda I believe , not..but I never tried that before with memorysticks and I had not much time...But why can't I see the info using windows????I suppose there is no special driver required, since I can use Mandrake/linux to watch it...

I checked again back at home like I mentionnned a day after I copied it and the computer was turned of(yes that happens:)) in the meanwhile and it was on the memoery-stick!!, so caching is not the cause. Or did I understand something wrong??

Dunno,

I know its acting strange on my /mnt/floppy

Difference is i get an audible notification when its actually written.

It appears there, I can open the files from Konqueror but unmount (specifically) take the disk out and take it to the other machine and its empty.

It just occured it might be doing the same with your memory stick....

Drove me mad for ages becuase I was coming into work and though it was a FAT writing problem or something because the disk was empty.

Just an idea, maybe a cp to /tmp from the memory stick would force a delayed write.... havn't tried it specifically...