Problems running WineX (compiled from CVS)

Hi,

Well i decided to try out WineX CVS version couze the only reasson i still have a win partition, is couze i love gaming, and although i used to use Wine, but i wanted to play Generals or Warcraft 3... to name a few, but mostly for Blitzkrieg and others i like better and im not sure they would work on Wine.

Well once i got a link to a quick guide to install from CVS i followed it and i got everything right (or that was what i thought), when i actually finished installing/compiling/setuping everything i decided to try out the most simple and less dependant prog i could find, this was NOTEPAD.EXE

so i copied this file to my fake_windows dir under windows and tryed running wine c:windowsnotepad.exe and all the 'simil' commands to execute the app. always getting this error:

wine: lstat /home/sud/.wine/wineserver-crowpc/socket : No such file or directory

after several tryes i gave up, i searched for that 'socket' thing but couldnt find it, nor something about it.

so i decided to make uninstall and use the included installer, wineinstall and when was reaching the end (after recompiling and skiping the make install beacouse i wasnt root) it sayd this:

Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...

Installing default Wine registry entries...

wine: lstat /home/sud/.wine/wineserver-crowpc/socket : No such file or directory

Registry install failed.

And now im asking you, what is this? and better, how do i fix it!?

Well, all help is really apreciated, thanks.[/code]

Well, im actually trying to use WINE(X), but i dont know if i have to uninstall the included wine, do I?

By the way, i will post the config, but i used winesetuptk to do it, and i think its ok, im at faculty right now so, i will post it later.

Thanks

you need to delete:

/home/sud/.wine/wineserver-crowpc

(the directory)

this is a problem with WineX on Mandrake (atleast, dunno about othsers) systems that's been around since atleast the 3.0 release. you'll have to do this everytime you run WineX.

(and yes, I know it doesn't seem like it would work. but it does. i don't know why, i just know it does...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

Well, it worked! but there is still something that is bothering me.

I have to do it every time i run anything!!, is this normal? if it is, cant i make some kind of script to delete that directory everytime it apears? or something like, a script that when i execute it makes the del-dir and runs WINE with a promp wich says with what program to start the emulator?

Hope someone understood something of the hole thing.

Thanks for the previous tip!