KDE4 with multiple monitors

Urza9814

Ok, so I'm playing with KDE4, installed on Mandriva 2008 spring via urpmi, and it's kinda nice, but I'm having some trouble with the panel/taskbar. I have two monitors, and on the old KDE I just went into the control center, found the panel settings, and set 'xinerama screens' to 'both'. But now, the only settings for it I can find are by right-clicking it, and there is no option to make it span both screens. I can't see this being that hard to fix, but I tried googling a bit and didn't manage to find anything.

Do you have a dualhead/multihead videocard?

(That's for Urza, as_dispatcher obviously does).

Also: Are the KDE4 packages you are using built against QT 4.3.X, or 4.4?

Currently plasma built with QT 4.4 has severe issues, much more important than dualscreen hiccups- just wait a bit...

Edited by scarecrow

Yes, I have a dual head NVidia graphics card. GeForce 7200.

And it appears that it's QT 4.3.4

So basically I need QT 4.4? Which doesn't really work yet? Ok. lol

Edited by Urza9814

Ummm, no, it's supposed to work with QT 4.3.X as well... unless I'm missing something big.

It may be of no real impaortance, but can you pass/copypaste your xorg.conf here?

And yes, the damn thing does not work properly with QT 4.4 yet. KDE4 is sort-of-becoming-stable right now, but still there are numerous bugs loooming. Expect it being a desktop for the average joe around version 4.2,as apparently 4.1 will still be plagud by several thingies, which only nerds can resolve properly.