mozilla password manager

chef_kunal

HI

does any body know if there is a way to recover saved but forgotten passwords from the mozilla password manager?

Like the many varities for windows which recover from a password field in a web page or somehting similar?

Is there anyway way to decrypt/un-obscure the password from the .mozilla directory?

Thanks

regards

Kunal

Have you erased info by accident. I remember that the "master password" manager worned me that if I forget the password, everything will be lost....

So, if this is the problem possibly not. The info can be decrypted ofcourse(else mozila wouldn't be able to use it), but suppose you need the password for that....

I mostley save all normal passwords together in a pgp-encrypted file...:) with a good password. Haven't done this on linux yet, but will do it sometime.

I havent deleted the passwords by mistake. I still use the passwords and still logon to the same sites using the passwords already saved. the Only problem is that there are quite a few sites i dont remember the passwords and one really important one.

I dont think that i have used the master password option.

I tried using a couple of programs to decypt the passwords. But no luck. I dont even know what kind of encryption is used. I think unless you supply the master password , it is not even encrypted, just obscured.

Anyway ill be glad to have any pointers.

Regards.

Kunal

Guest anon

You change the master pwd easily, but getting the others if you have forgot them, pretty impossible i think. I looked on Mozilla's FAQ site for you, but found nothing. :cry: I rely on Mozilla to fill in most of my passwords for me, problem is, i can't remember what half of them are anymore. A bit like using my telephone to call my mother, i just press "2" Whar her actual phone number is i have long forgotten :lol: :oops: