Save Files to CD-RW - HOW?

gabbman

All geared for iso's and music. I just want to save files. I read that tread too, and all the gui progies they talk about rip music and iso's.

I have doc and spreadsheet files, family photos and the like, You know like nero, drag and drop, SIMPLE, like me.

Thanks for the input, appreciated.

What can you use in Mandrake to save files, .tar, .jpg, .doc, etc to cd (as one would in windows with the ability to add and subtract files at will.)

... if you meant "... just like a floppy or any other mounted drive i.e. UDF packet writing (as with "InCD" from Nero, or "DirectCD" from Roxio)", then, I've got the exact same question !

I've used K3b and ERoaster, but cdrecord (what's behind K3b and ER) doesn't seem to support packet writing natively...

All I've found was the "Blank CD-RW" option... not at all what I'm looking for.

:roll:

Basically, we are looking for a way to format a CD-RW in such a manner as to be able to use it with ANY file browser i.e. read and write, as a regular mount, and NOT through cdrecord.

I've researched this subject, but the only solutions around are for Windoze... Any "Open Source" solutions around ?

HelzBelz

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I was looking to burn udf cdrws for my xbox since I only have one doze machine left and done have a cdrw in it. Here is a post on our own MDusers.org..

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php...6&highlight=udf

Doesn't look too promising at the moment. I have found a few other things on the net that seem to imply basically the same thing..

recompile the kernel? Aaagh. I have been putting off that one for a while now, and I am in a here and now position. I'd rather purchase an el cheapo cdrw drive for da doze box!! :o