HP psc almost configured, just litle more help

VeeDubb

okay, the printer needs to be set-up WITHOUT goin through mcc or printerdrake.

THe command I was given to setup the printer now that the driver is installed is this:

foomatic-configure -n HPPSC1210 -s cups -c ptal://mlc:usb:psc_1200_series -p HP-PSC_1210 -d hpijs -o PageSize=A4

whitch returns this:

Cannot read file /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/printer/HP-PSC_1210.xml!Could not run "foomatic-combo-xml"/"foomatic-perl-data"! at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Foomatic/DB.pm line 545.

I checked, and the file is not there. I am thinking that perhaps this is because I am using 9.0 and not 9.1

Could somebody please post a copy of /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/printer/HP-PSC_1210.xml from 9.1?? I'd realy appreciate it, or, should I try to update foomatic?

Okay, here it is. if anybody else gets this printer, the problem is that it does not work with any of the mandrake hpijs drivers. NOt even the most recent updates. you need to manualy install hpijs1.4.1 NOT 1.4, but 1.4.1 whitch was just released yesterday, then it SUPER easy to setup with the CUPS www admin tool.