kde-window-decorator requesting root access?

Guest bwhite757

Guest bwhite757

Everytime I restart my computer, the kde-window-decorator requests a root password to run. Is there a way I can change this so it justs opens without needing a root password???

Please supply more information. When did this problem start? Can you remember what you were doing before this problem started. Are you running Compiz-Fusion? What Mandriva version are you using? Please give as much info as possible.

Guest bwhite757
Please supply more information. When did this problem start? Can you remember what you were doing before this problem started. Are you running Compiz-Fusion? What Mandriva version are you using? Please give as much info as possible.

I really didn't do anything different when the problem started, I remember getting on the internet and checking my email the last time I didn't have the issue, then it would come up saying kde-window-decorator had crashed when it first booted, and then asked for the root password, and actually it's been crashing everytime I restart the computer and I guess when it tries to pull it back up it's asking for the root password, if that makes since.... When it crashes, it gives me the error message:

Signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

It's Mandriva 2008... Forgive me as I'm a little rough around the edges still with Linux, and I've been trying different distros and finally decided to stick with the Mandriva, mainly b/c I've found it to be the most user-friendly...

Yes, I am running Compiz-Fusion...

Edited by bwhite757