WineX 3 and Installshield

I have what seems to be a known bug in Installshield: I get an error 0x80040706 when trying to install a game (Flanker 2.5) in Linux.

The game installed just fine in Windoe$ but I run into this problem with WineX. I searched the net but haven't found a solution to this bug.

Since the problem seems to be due to Installshield, should it work if I just copy the directory structure from window$ to my linux partition and run it from there? Or there is something special that WineX needs to do after installing a game?

I wonder why some games run with WineX and some don't even though the requirements seem to be the same?

The game I'm trying to install is relatively old and needs DirectX 8. This is a common requirement for windoe$ games so why is there a problem :?:

Any hint welcome :wink:

Did you check the WineX list to see if it's supported?

the reason some games work and some don't is because different games require different libraries and functions of directx. transgaming focuses on the popular games-other games are left behind often. and there are flat out problems with the attempt at getting installshield to work for everything through WineX. there are many games which flat out fail on install for unknown reasons-well, they are probably known to transgaming, but nobody else seems to have a clue.

have you tried running the game off of your windows partition (using winex)?