Booting Gentoo without /boot partition

Just finished installing rc4 without installing lilo or grub. I want to boot Gentoo via lilo in Mdk, but all the information I found hinges on having a /boot partition in Gentoo, which I don't have

Where would I look in Gentoo to find what to put in Mdk lilo.conf?

You have to find Gentoo's compressed kernel image, usually called vmlinuz and initial ram disk usually called initrd. In most distros these will be located in the /boot directory if you don't have a separate /boot partition. I'm no expert on Gentoo, however, so they might be called something completely different. Once you find these files, here's a thread dealing with the configuring lilo to boot multiple linux distros:

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php...3239&highlight=

You have to find Gentoo's compressed kernel image, usually called vmlinuz and initial ram disk usually called initrd.

In Gentoo the kernel is named bzImage by default. And by default you don't have initial ramdisk... you have to create one if you need it (and enable support for it in the kernel of course).

Just to clarify things out.

MOttS