Gaim 0.63 - cool improvements

Guest SDMF

Guest SDMF

I haven't been keeping up with the CVS lately, and I just installed version 0.63 the other day. A couple really cool new features over version 0.62 include new protocol-specific features, such as sending messages to mobile phone users of MSN and AIM. Another interesting thing I found was that when a friend of mine using Yahoo was playing Yahoo Pool, a little dice icon appeared superimposed over the normal Yahoo :) icon to the left of the name. When you right click you can see the specific yahoo game, lounge, and room, and click on it to be taked directly to that room. Very cool.

Another really cool feature is the inability of the compiler to detect my GTK installation, and failing every time I try to run configure..... :P

Seriously though, I would like to be able to use GAIM 0.63. Is there a particular package I should install?

I just recently updated my gaim installation by using texstar's rpm for it. I have the texstar depository installed for urpmi, so all I did was

urpmi gaim

and it worked just fine. I think it did install something else as well, but I can't remember.

If you go to http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/ this site, it will generate all the code you need to add texstar and plf as urpmi sources, then all you have to do is copy the code they provide and paste (as root) into a konsole window and you're all set. Hope this helps.