Format / Software for Webpage download [solved]

mandusr20071

Is there some software in Mandriva to download webpages to a single file rather than the current situation where a large number of small files are created on disk? I have to delete these manually, and moving them is no fun either. I suppose it will have to a firefox plugin for ease of use, but is there a format to which I can convert these? I looked at xchm, but it seems to look at reading chm files rather than creating it. What do people here use? I believe such a system would reduce the files on my disk to a tenth.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by mandusr20071

Not sure what you mean- you need a web spider software, or just saving websites on a single file?

If you're looking for the latter, then Firefox must have some sort of addon which will save webpages in mht format. Not sure, as I do not use Firefox, but Opera does save in mht without the need of any addon (use the stable Opera 9.26- currently picking a format in 9.50 beta is broken).

Edited by scarecrow

Firefox must have some sort of addon which will save webpages in mht format.
Yes it does.

I used to find it great and thus installed it, but I haven't saved an HTML file on disk in years, and so it happened that I never actually used it.

Yves.

Thanks--I will check it out, although the link that is given for the download doesn't seem to work. I am looking for something which can do a little more too--if I could put all the files from spidering a page in a single file, that would be sweet.

Thanks for all the replies.

It works for me. Right-click > save link as > maf-0.6.3.xpi

I tried to download it from firefox and then using curl, and both failed. It seems there is some redirect that they are not parsing.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Anyway, works with wget. Good thing Mandriva has ten different programs for the same function.

• 2 weeks later...