Powerpack Questions

manly

I'm looking at the powerpacks now that 9.1 is out. I have some quick questions:

1. Is there any good support included? I seem to hear lots of bad stories about their message boards and email/phone support.

2. I'm running from the downloaded iso's. How do I upgrade to the powerpack version?

3. Any stories about shipping times, etc? Is it relatively safe to buy off of the MDK store?

--Andrew

Guest JaseP

Well to answer some of your questions:

1) Mandrake support is notoriously shoddy. You get better help here. Trust me. Register and all, but don't count on their help. They are understaffed as it is.

2) To upgrade, I would simply re-install. This assumes you had the foresight to put your /home partition as a seperate partition rather than as a sub-directory in the / partition. If not, then you ought to think about using DiskDrake to create a /home partition and move your /home sub-directory there.

3) I heard someone say that they just got their 9.1 PowerPack in the mail (boxed set). However, I couldn't tell you what the shipping times are. Their copy might have been pre-ordered. I'm personally waiting for retail copies to come out. I might be in for a long wait (I currently run 8.2).

Guest anon

I agree with all that JaseP said.

As far as "is it safe to buy from the store" when you click on purchase, you get taken to a secure site (https) so i would say its as safe as any secure shopping site can be.

I buy the PowerPack, but I have a dialup connection and don't want to spend the time it takes to download the extra software I want. So for me it works out well. I f you have a fast connection, maybe you want to download what you want to add.

dalee