Unable to locate /dev/pilot

Relic2K

Anyone know why this is missing ? How do I go about creating it, and is it suppose to be symlinked to any other device files ? I have a Palm Vx (Serial) and all the programs are trying to find /dev/pilot, which doesn't exist for some reason. Cheers :)

Did you install pilot-link?

Yes just did it this morning, as such;

#urpmi pilot-link

And it prompted me to install all the other required packages along with pilot-link. How come I have not seen any reference to pilot-link in any of the other posts ? I actually came across a reference about it, on another forum (Non-MUB) ?

I know about it as of today because I was trying to get j-pilot going so I can access my palm desktop database on my windows partition. So far, no luck :roll:

Try doing a google search on

/dev/pilot ln

I see a bunch of stuff. I don't have a palm pilot device to work with myself.

Guest JaseP

With kpilot or jpilot, you can point the application to the serial port or usb port where the hot-link cradle is installed. That's much more easy than creating a symbolic link to it in /dev (which you can do as well). I have a Palm m105, and it runs just fine.

With kpilot or jpilot, you can point the application to the serial port or usb port where the hot-link cradle is installed. That's much more easy than creating a symbolic link to it in /dev (which you can do as well). I have a Palm m105, and it runs just fine.

I managed to create a symlink,

ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot

But Mandrake continues to lock up on me. I have changed BIOS Settings for ttyS0, but still locks up. This is an older serial model of Palm Vx using Palm OS 3.5.3.