Can't make OpenLDAP work in Mdk9.1 ! (cause: SASL?)

theYinYeti

In Mandrake 8.1, I had a nice config: I ran OpenLDAP for storing my mail and address-book contacts, as well as my wife's. Install was "plug'n'play", and running it was just a matter of starting it, after installing the excellent Rolodap.

This week-end, I installed 9.1, and now, neither work :cry:

First OpenLDAP. I have no problem starting it, but obviously, Mozilla can't access the LDAP directory, as it used to do. And if I run "ldapsearch" (just that, without any parameter), I get a strange error about SASL; from memory, something like that:

sasl_ldap_dynamic_bind_s : no such line
(well, that the rough idea, I don't remember exactly)

I tried installing "sasl2/ldap -backend- passwd/login/pam...rpm" (well you get the idea), as well as commenting/uncommenting the SASL/TLS lines inside the LDAP config file... Always the same error with ldapsearch, and 0 results with Mozilla.

I forgot to say, that I included the LDAP schema of my directory, as well as the config file for my directory, as they previously were (and worked), and I reinstalled the data and config files in the exact same locations.

Next Rolodap. It is a PHP-written LDAP front-end working on Apache, for managing mail/address-book contacts. At first, the login page appeared in plain text (PHP). It is a phtml page. So I went to Apache config file, and copied/pasted all config from shtml for phtml; I also added the "Include" option to the "/" Location, just to be sure.

I'm in this state now: the beginning of the Rolodap login page PHP is correctly interpreted, up to the login form. But from the submit button on, all I get is plain text PHP... What am I supposed to do?

Please help. Mandrake 9.1 really seems better to me, than 8.1. But on the "plug'n'play" aspect, nothing quite works from start, without a lot of tweaking (which I'm entirely ready to do).

Yves.

Hi Yves,

how did you get so far to have it running with TLS? How did you define your addressbook? If you share your db definitions, I can try on my box as well. I usually use evolution, but I still could not define my own addressbook from scratch, without using the migariton utils from openssl.

NDEE

I don't know if I used to use TLS. All I know is that it used to just work. I only installed OpenLDAP from CD, and then installed the Rolodap program from sources (a web front-end to ldap, written in PHP). And finally, it just worked (after deleting a couple duplicate lines from the rolodap.schema).

Now, it does not work any more. As for the error message, it is not "no such line", it is

cannot connect to LDAP server

(or something like that...

Yves.