9.1 iso where are the md5sums?

Guest GorGor

Guest GorGor

Hullo

Just bought my 9.1 isos and I have a problem or two. Oh well I will have to save up for a burner!

1) At no stage during expert or normal or UPGRADE do I get a prompt for cd 2 or 3. I have tried the text, low vga and normal vga techniques AND it only installs cd1.

2) I found the md5sum on cd 1 and I have downloaded the "patch.pl" and run it to no avail for the above options.

3) Where is the md5sum supposed to be on cd 2 or 3 please?

I am guessing from other posts that the supplied isos are incomplete as no-one seems to be suggesting they had a prob with cd2.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Guest GorGor

cannonfodder

Thanks for quick reply, unfortunately what I meant to ask, showing no knowledge of iso images etc IS

are these checksums supposed to be on each cd?

And if so, in which folder?

Alternatively, if I suspect my isos are corrupt is there a full byte size known, that I can compare against?

sorry to trouble you further.

Guest GorGor

Just found this

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php...ghlight=cd2+9+1

and this extract is from mikoneil

I fixed my problem (well this one at least!). As I mentioned I had also changed /mnt/cdrom and cdrom2 to /mnt/cdr and dvd. When I tried to istall a package from the Mandrake control center/software management it refused to accept my cd. I then edited the enty for "installation cd2" to reflect the new /mnt/dvd mounting. When I tried to update as requested it kept spitting the cd2 out. Eventually I realised I needed to put cd1 in the drive to update, even though it was cd2s entry I had just edited. It seems the hdlistn.cz files are only on the first cd. Doh!

After editing the all the entries for cds 1,2 and 3 I can now install packages

IS this my problem?