Login Default Problems

Guest bobcat

Guest bobcat

This may get to be a bit messy, but I'l try to explain this as best as possible:

Prior to ML 9.1 when I use to login in I could set the appearance of the login page. MY default was KDE which the users as icons (cats and/or penguins) and a clock. Click on the user enter passowrd, and away I went.

In ML9.1 I succeeded ONCE to get this conguration but somehow lost the means to get it back. I was able to get the users-as-icons back, but the now run vertically (up and down) rather than across the screen, and the clock is missing, and when you hit the icon it then takes you to a secind page where you have to enetr the password., rather than having the password on the same page as the users.

I've hacked and hacked but to no use. Can someone refresh my brain how to get 1) the login page with the users as icons to run horozontally across instead of up and down 2) the clock (or KDE symbol) 3) and the request for the password under the user icons. just as it was in pre-9.1 releases?

Bobcat

Guest fubar::chi

yup, what tyme said. The display manager is definitely the problem. Mandrake decided to customize the login mangaer so if you want the old setup you'll have to download it then install kdm

urpmi kdm

as root.

::

Then change in MCC as per tyme's instructions

::