phppgadmin configuration file problem

Guest george walsh

Guest george walsh

I have PostgreSQL up and running, but have not added roles or tables at this point, intending to have phppgadmin 4.1.3 in place to help with that.

On installation, and after linking the phppgadmin directory to the web server's directory, the browser returns:

"Configuration error: Copy conf/config.inc.php-dist to /etc/phppgadmin/config.inc.php and edit appropriately."

According to find, config.inc.php-dist does not exist on the server.

/etc/phppgadmin/config.inc.php does exist.

Since there will be no direct access from the internet, I changed only 'extra_login_security' from true to false.

I have, of course symbolically linked the phppdadmin directory to one within Apache's purview, so that should not be a problem.

The defaultdb was set to template1, with the warning it should only be changed if 'template1' cannot be connected, along with the fact that PostgreSQL 8.1 needs this parameter set to 'postgres'. (I'm using PostgreSQL 8.2)

I've been seriously caught out on this one as I was planning to move considerable data from mysql this weekend, to cause minimum interruption for the development team.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. This is the FIRST real problem I have had with Mandriva 8.1. Hopefully, its a small one.

George