need help installing mandriva 2007 spring dvd i586

Guest strsdlinuxdude

Guest strsdlinuxdude

as the title says

i really need help to install mandriva 2007.1 dvd

my computer specs are :

amd 64 x2 4000+

1 gb ram (768mb after shared memory for graphics)

asus m2a-vm hdmi mobo (with ati x1250 with upto 256mb shared memry has total of 384mb)

320gb sata 2 16mb hdd ( partitiond - 60gb for winxp, 140gb for storage and have left 100gb for linux)

ide nec dvd burner

evrytime i run the dvd it gets to the splash screen i click on the install option , then it hangs evrytime at same spot

it detects my sata drive and sets it up as sda but then it says failed to inittalise the sci card

and always hangs at the trying to read from mandriva media install disc

when i check the logs i always find this repeated a few times:

"hdb drive not ready for command"

"ide failed opcode was: unkown"

then at end this:

atapi reset complete

i was wondering wtf do i do to install it? ,, do i need a sata dvd drive to complete the system or is there a way to run the install

ps. i have tried this with freespire,and the other versions of the 2007 mandriva series but same thing, sabayon linux 3.3b mini edition seems to be the only one that detects the sata and be able to actualy rite to it from ide dvd drive but i realy want to install mandriva

Basically, I've got no clue, though it sounds like it's a problem with your sata drive... are you able to try installing Mandriva 2008.0? The hardware support is much improved, and it might fix your problem. I'd recommend it over 2007.1 anyway. If you have a broadband connection I'd download the boot.iso, create a boot cd, then try to install over an ftp connection. Good luck.