remote control

Valikhan

I am tried to find out anything related to infrared remote controls with no success.

Does anyone know what app works with it in KDE?

2. I know about camorama for webcameras in GNOME. Does camorama work in KDE as well? Or maybe you know some other apps for KDE?

Try the KDE Control Centre:

System - Configuration - Control Centre - Peripherals - Remote Controls; or System - Configuration - KDE - Peripherals - Remote Controls... :)

In System are enlisted: Manage system services, Localisation, Administration tools. I had a look-see at Manage system services by enabling or disabling them, found lircd and lircmd, these are stopped. Trying to start lircd, got FATAL: module unconfigured not found. Trying to start lircmd: No such file or directory [FAILED]

Is there no Control Centre or KDE option under Tools? :unsure:

It's changed for 2008, it's now: Tools > System Tools > Control Center > Peripherals... and Remote Controls is missing! :o

Sorry, I didn't know that until just now, and I'm not sure if it's still available as a package? Does anyone here know?

It's changed for 2008, it's now: Tools > System Tools > Control Center > Peripherals... and Remote Controls is missing! :o

Sorry, I didn't know that until just now, and I'm not sure if it's still available as a package? Does anyone here know?

I was talking about it: no remote controls in MCC.

It is available as a package. I have it installed but it does not work (look at my previous posts).

I was talking about it: no remote controls in MCC.

It is available as a package. I have it installed but it does not work (look at my previous posts).

You have missed my point. However, the package you need to install is kdeutils-common. This will give you the gui at: Tools > System Tools > Control Center > Peripherals > Remote Controls. This gui will work as a frontend with the other packages I've told you to install.

Please note that this package was installed by default on 2007, that's why I didn't tell you to install it in my previous post.