No search in RPMDrake? [solved]

menendez

It appears that the search function in PRMDrake does not work.

If I hit the search button nothing happens.

I have tried all the search options: in names, in descriptions, in flle names.

I have tried known package names and wildcards.

Any recommendations?

I am running Spring '07 KDE.

Have you set up your easyurpmi sources? If not, maybe this is why you can't find it. I've not got Mandriva 2007.1 Spring installed right now, but here is where I found the rpm available:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3

visit this link and type pingus, and you can see pingus is available for Mandriva 2007.1 (Spring). If you've not got it on your system, I would say you don't have your easyurpmi sources configured for at least main and contrib.

The sources are set up. And I can navigate through the menus in the left panel of RPMDrake to find desired packages/programs. It is just that this is a time consuming way to do things. I was hoping that search feature near the top would make things easier.

trying opening a terminal and running the program from there, then watch the terminal when you do the search and see if any error messages are being printed out there. the search function should work, but I'm not really sure what would be causing it not to...(unless you've found yourself a nifty bug).

As tyme says, search from a console window like this:

urpmf --name pingus

and see if it gives you results. If so there might be a prob with the gui app, try and apply updates if not already done this.

Your terminal command worked. Mandriva Online says my system is up to date.

After executing the terminal command I went back into the GUI and searched for a few things.

It turns out my problem is newbie user error. I figured out that it doesn't like leading wildcards.

I was giving both a leading and trailing wildcard around my search word. When I drop the leading

wildcard all is fine.

Thanks for all the help and my apologies for raising a non-issue in this forum.