USB loop

Guest PRINCEofNIGHTMARES

Guest PRINCEofNIGHTMARES

I isntalled Mandrake 9.0 on my laptop. It seemed to install fine, but when it tries to boot into Mandrake it says that it is detecting the usb port, and it repeats this infinitely. It just keeps saying this over and over again, never progressing. Did I screw something up?

As an aside to this, I have put in a bid for Mandrake 9.1 and some other software to go with it. Should I just give up on 9.0 and make do with WinXP till I can get 9.1 in and see if it works better?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyway else has to response on this, but I've read somewhere that you can give an option to the kernel(with you could..if it works..at to the lilo-file, so it goes automatically everytime) ...think..noauto..so it want try to autodetect your hardware. Afterwards you could also disable hardwaredetection in the MandrakeControlCenter I suppose(instead of the lilofile)...in "services" at startup..but like I said..someone else will needs to help you further with this...Hopefully it gives you a dfirection

When in lilo..go to non-grahicalmode...and type then linux <options>