Kdvi & LM 9.1

Guest Didier_Herisson

Guest Didier_Herisson

It seems I loose the display of figures in Kdvi by upgrading from LM9.0 to 9.1... Xdvi is still working fine, but I miss the exchange of data from emacs to Kdvi, very useful to find the position of an error in the emacs editor...

Does anyone have the same pb ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This was one of the problems that has been bugging me. But it was solved after I made the Mandrake upgrade tonight. Although I upgraded many things at the same time (thanks to broadband and choosing a less busy time of day 49MB of updates took only 5 mins), I suspect ghostscript updates may have solved the issue.

Just wanted to share the joy :D

tarelax

but I miss the exchange of data from emacs to Kdvi, very useful to find the position of an error in the emacs editor...

Pardon my ignorance, how do you do that?

If you installed auctex along with emacs, you can compile latex files within emacs, and then find positions of errors by simply hitting [Ctrl-C `] (no need to hit brackets, of course). Every time you hit [Ctrl-C `], emacs will inspect the .log file line by line and move the cursor to the line-column in the source file where the error occurred.

Cheers.

V.