Win4Lin WOW

Wow,

Juat about all I can say. I never used win4lin before, but decided to install it becuase I didn't care for booting in to Vmware(to many resources) & GNUcash I just didn't care for.

I installed win4lin, win98 and MSmoney & it's working great!!!!!!

I used to use it when I used Mandrake. I liked it too, for playing around - although I never really used any Windows apps aside from Browsers to check the format of my web pages. The only reason I wanted to use Windows at all would have been for a couple of games, and they wouldn't run because they were Direct-X.

qnr wrote:

The only reason I wanted to use Windows at all would have been for a couple of games, and they wouldn't run because they were Direct-X.

Check out this thread:

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?t=3960

According to Crashdamage, Netraverse is currently in beta testing on a DirectX compatible win4lin. If they implement that as well as the other work they've done so far, it should be quite a product.

I am not a game player, but I do need the use of my unsuported canon fb330 scaner, and Quicken and QuickTax.

Win4Lin lets me have that luxury from the Linux desktop.

Here is my Mandrake9.1 and win4lin working together. It all works great, even on my lowly 400mhz celeron. :lol:

Has anyone tried to install 2k or xp?

I know the doc's say they don't support them, but I figured someone would try anyway.

I'm just wondering if I try, will there be two dirs for 98 & 2k for example???

Any Thoughts?