some MCC applets not clickable?

papaschtroumpf

I have several applets (wizards?) in the Mandrake Comntrol Panel that are not clickable, i.e. when I hover the mouse over it, the cursor doesn't change from an arrow to a hand, indicating that it can be clicked, and clicking it does nothing.

One is the UPS setup applet, the other one is something like "setup other hosts" or something like that (not atthatcomp atm), whcih I assume is an GUI to edit your hosfile.

Is it a free/non-free issue? I installed Spring 2007 free

The UPS applet is most likely inactive because the necessary ups programs have not been installed such as ....nut.... and ....nut-server....

If you are using an APC brand of ups then you need to install .......apcupsd and apcupsd-gapcmon . The first is the backend (cli) while the second is the gui front end. With them you do not need nut and nut-server and you do not set them up with MCC.

See my other thread regarding UPSs.

Cheers. John.

I was only joking in the post above, but it turned out that it truly was the problem!

I have 3 computers sitting side by side, and I had plugged in the monitoring cable in the kids' machine, not my mandrake box :wall:

Now apctest properly talks to the thing instead of showing some "fatal message at line xxx" kinda message

According to rpmdrake there is no such package as apcupsd-gapcmon, even with plf sources included. Did you have to download it from a non-mandrake repository?

If there si a GUI I'd rather use that than set it all up in config files the way I used to do it with my previous UPS

As I said in my ups thread, apcupsd is originally from a website by that name. Just type it in the google box in Firefox and it will come up.

At the website you will also find an rpm for Mandriva called....... apcupsd-gapcmon. take note it is exactly as I typed it.

Cheers. John.