No Mandrake documentation in 9.1???

Guest Adriano

Guest Adriano

Maybe I just could not find them, but it seems the mandrake manuals are not included in the download CDs. Anyone knows why?

I mean, not even a starter's guide... They seem to be included on the powerpack, though. But I don't have it. It looks like the reasoning is "anyone downloading it is

a- perfectly capable of downloading the docs too or

b- someone who does not need the manuals or

c- someone who in the weird case he needs them can access and download 'em...

I am not sure about whether we will get docs that are donwnloadable as in the past. Mandrakesoft has invested in the book and I suspect that we will be required to fork over US$39.35 to get it. The Power Pack had different docs than the download site for 9.0 like the Installation Guide and Reference Manual in 8.2. More of this type of thing can be expected as Mandrakesoft moves toward subscription type services. The Mandrake Campus has been moved to the Mandrake Club. Even the tutorial normally part of the first CD is a URL to a Mandrake site. Such is the price of Mandrakesoft survival.

Counterspy

Guest Adriano

I've since seen the page with a comparison between products (here)

which confirms it: they are not in the dload CDs...

I understand the reasons behind this... An experienced user can still get the old manuals, and a new one can buy a pack with a nice printed book.